Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Sweater


So I went to the thrift store and found this amazing sweater. Shopping at the thrift store is kind of weird, because you really have no idea where the item you bought has been, or sometimes where it is going. That gave me an idea. I don't want to have a blog that is personal, or whiny, or out there just for me. I want to try and get people involved. I took a picture of myself in the sweater, and then sent it over to my friend's. He also took a picture in it. I want this thing to travel. I want to send it to friends and have them send it to friends and all of those people can send me their pictures in the sweater and they can all be viewed right here. To keep this blog going, and not have to wait for the sweater to go through the mail, I think I am going to introduce more sweaters. That's this weekend's task.

2 comments:

Art High said...

A reveresed version of postsecret, and less selfish in that fashion as well.

Well wishes to the sweaters.

JustN StaltR said...

thrift stores rock though, the sweater you chose is interresting because you did not go after a one that looked exactly appealing to the senses. this gives us a character that is given to the sweater and the "meat" of the characteristics is then given to it by the multiple souls. However, ask yourself, by allowing many people to wear it; are you giving it a personality? or taking away the very faberic that binds it? or does it gain the entire picture of its journey....now i get why you have journey!